Sunday, June 03, 2007, Blabbered by pyroboy1911 at 8:51 pm
I had a long saturday. So long, that i can only blog about it today. my blog is not about things that happen yesterday, but in fact, is about the whole yesterday. Here goes:

I woke up hearing a loud buzz. i recognized it as the buzz produced by the fluorescent lamp outside, but have no idea what is happening. so i went back to sleep, only to be woken up by my alarm at around 8. The first thing i did was to switch on my laptop, of course. when i tried to sign in to my live messenger, i found out there is no wireless. So i went to look at the modem outside, and noticed that the power supply is unplugged. Weird.

Then Max came out of his room and told me that there is something wrong with the power and now the modem and his RM1000 speaker was busted. since nothing to do, we went out for breakfast. Just before we went out, the KELUAR sign on our entrance door also busted.

The busted KELUAR sign.

After breakfast, we noticed that things that need 240v of power are not working, but for 100+ ones is still working, so we assume that there is shortage of power. We also found out my laptop's adapter is working, so i continued using my laptop. An hour later, we heard a loud crack and smelled something burning. I noticed my laptop adapter's LED is not shining anymore. Uh Oh. Busted also.

The busted laptop adapter.

Life is starting to get miserable that time. With both of us out of internet access, Max worrying about his speaker, and my laptop have no more food supply, we decided we have to do something. So we went downstairs to check on some shops. Only then we realized the whole block is having the same problem. The owner of a comic store said the power gets high and low suddenly, and her handphone is busted because of that.

We decided to go to Klang Parade, to find modem and adapter for my laptop. Not much choice, we decided on drastic thing...go to Low Yat Plaza, heaven of Electronic stuffs in KL.

So off we went at around 3pm. We used the bus to Klang Bus Station, then use Rapid KL bus to KL Sentral, then walk across the road to go to the monorail station, and we used monorail to reach Imbi. When things couldn't get worse, it did. It started raining pigs and buffaloes. By the time we went Low Yat, we had just finished bathing.

We walk around, then went for lunch. More like dinner, because by then, it was almost 5. Then we bought everything we needed: a new modem, my laptop adapter and a power surge protector. Others extra include my 25 piece of 870MB CD-R, Max's 320GB hard drive, and my new WinTV USB2-stick. will talk about it in a while. Total cost for everything is RM970. I spend RM356 myself. The most amount of money I've spent in one day. By now, it's 7.30pm.

It's still raining, but the elephants and buffaloes turned into piglets and calf. we went to Imbi monorail station, use it to reach KL Sentral, Used Rapid KL to go back to Klang Bus Stop, and use a bus to go back to Klang Parade, walk some distance to reach home. It's already 10pm by then.

Good news is, the power is back, so we can try our stuff. Max installed the new modem, i made sure my adapter works, then i installed my WinTV.

Now, the WinTV part. WinTV. TV receiver stick. means that i can watch TV on my laptop now.yippee!!!

WinTV, with remote control!!!

My TV!!!

Hey, my TV is sticking out of my laptop!

Basically, this is a TV adapter, which enables you to receive and watch tv channels on your computer. All you have to do is install it, buy an antenna, connect them, and you can watch TV!!!...i think...until now, i still haven bought an antenna yet, so i dunno whether it's as simple as that or not. One thing that worries me though, is that when asked to scan for channels, there are no "MALAYSIA" listed. whether it scans the channel for that country, or scan any available channels, i have yet to find out.

Hopefully i'll blog and post picture about the TV from my laptop when i bought an antenna and did not have any problem scanning for channels.

After installing the USB stick, i stayed in Max's room to chit chat until around 3am. Went back to my room, played some games, and by the time i went to bed, it's 3.40am. My saturday is 19 hours 40 minutes long.

Wonder what's my mum's reaction when finding out about all the amount.


I bought an antenna on monday night, and tried it on my WinTV...IT WORKS!!!


Unfortunately, the reception in my room is not so good, so this is the best quality so far. Will experiment more with it!
2 Comment(s):

At 4:41 am, Blogger Sherp

ee.. so cool.. but i think theres a lot to do on laptop even without tv hehe..

and! haha.. piglets and calf.. u hav ur way of making ur posts so funny



At 10:11 am, Blogger lynnx01

I nearly wanted to buy WinTV when I was studying in Shah Alam. But I guess good thing I didn't buy because now that I am in Bukit Jalil, my rented apartment has a good-enough tv.


Post a Comment