Monday, November 19, 2007, Blabbered by pyroboy1911 at 7:25 pm
At first, i din plan to post anything today at all. But who knows, there's too much that happened today to not post any. It start with exactly 12.00am on 19 November 2007, I received a text message from Sherp. Apparently, due to her competitiveness, she always wanna be first. Although i had received comments from others since a few days ago, she's the first to wish me on this day. this followed by some more wishes through instant messaging.

Then received an e-card from my mum, featuring a flash picture of a statue of Mother Mary carrying Baby Jesus, with this message:
Son, you are 18 today! Sometimes it is hard to believe that the first little baby that I held in my arms is already 18. May God continue to bless you and guide you on your way to being an adult.

Thanks, mum.


Nothing much happened until lunch, when my classmates with a lecturer bring me to Bee's Restaurant to eat. It doesnt take a genius to figure out why they are talking weirdly, going somewhere out of norm to eat, and my friend bringing his bag out when he could have left it at the lecturer's room. So we actually had a fine meal. Although they brought me to a fine place to have our lunch, i noticed that they have difficulties choosing food, probably because of the lesser variety compared to other place, or they are trying to find something that doesnt cost a lot. So, i paid for all of them, since my mum also ask me to give a treat or something. They kept on wanting to pay me back though, hopefully they will forget about it sooner or later. I think those Ah Longs are jealous of me, everyone is so eager to shove money to me. As a present, my friend gave me a copy of the Federal Constitution book, which is needed for Malaysian Studies. At least i don't have to pay my friend RM10 for that book.

Then, after lecture at around 3pm, we have some cake. What's a birthday wihout a cake? The answer: A birthday. Anyway, the cake was quite small, but somehow, i think i have fate with pandan cakes. as far as i remember, either i had no cakes at all, i will have pandan cakes for birthday. This year is no exception.




















So, after putting the candles, sing song, cut the cake, bla bla bla, my lecturer gave me this:




















Want to know what's written on the bird? It read: FROM MS CHONG. HAPPY B'DAY BRENDRAN GOOD LUCK.

She's been teaching me for half a year, yet still cant remember my name's spelling.

Anyway, after that, i went home. Check my mail, and i got 16 new messages. All from Friendster. 2 are spam messages that i don't even bother to open, 1 new friend request from a girl from Philippines, while the rest are comments. So, i copied the word "thanks!" and paste it into their comments. While everyone send me birthday wishes, there's this one girl who sent me something else. She sent me this:




















I dunno whether it reli a "present" for me, or a mistake in sending, or it is sent to everyone in her list, or a bug that cause this advert to send itself to random people, i found this comment kinda humorous, especially in the midst of all the wishes. Sherp, you should be familiar with her. Besides your family, and my family, she's from the third family. Guess :) .

A while later, Max knocked on my door, asking for my Milo. he said that he had food poisoning, stomach ache, vomitting, feverish. He said that he had called the landlord to bring him to clinic because nobody else to rely on. Hope he's fine. Anyway, i din tell him it's my birthday, it might not be at the right moment, since he isnt enjoying himself too. So, i had my usual celebrating dinner: McChicken set.

To sum things up, this is my first birthday without my family. It turn out to be good also, so all's well. To Sherp, Congratz! you're first! To mum, thanks again for the ecard. To Kim Tat who gave me the book, i know Rm10 is not much, but i know it means a great deal to you, so i really appreciate the book. To all that wishes me well in life, thanks a lot. And for those who din, dun worry, try again next year ;P

Food For Thought: I don't understand why someone needs a big birthday celebration, especially kids. You have to ask yourself, What have u done in life to earn big celebrations? for me, i only deserve a big celebration if i have achieved something great in life, means that i was born for something, so deserve to be celebrated. Until then, a simple one is enough ;) .
 
10 Comment(s):

At 9:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

ha ha ha...
i know who that gal is...
i wouldnt get a pandan cake for ur bday nx time if i have a chance to..
anyway,Happy Birthday to u,u r 18 now.legal age to drink.n club.
dun b naughty =)

 

At 10:08 pm, Blogger pyroboy1911

i dun have to be 18 to drink. ;)
dun be naughty? hah! i should be the one saying that to u..

 

At 10:17 pm, Blogger jazz

happy birthday! Dun drink till u're drunk. Hungover is not a good feeling, i can guranttee u about that.

 

At 10:31 pm, Blogger pyroboy1911

hehe...i never drink excess, only to kill off that "thirsty" feeling that cant be quenched by plain water. :)

 

At 12:13 am, Blogger LX

Sorry to be late but Happy and Blessed Belated Birthday. Sherp is so efficient ah!! :P Sherp is a beautiful and wonderful girl inside out, maybe you should consider. :P As far as I know, she's still single. Eh wait, you still single, right?

 

At 1:06 am, Blogger pyroboy1911

hehe, thanks, but why the sudden "matchmaking" :P

yea, sherp, u're still single rite? maybe i should consider....should i? your cousin is giving approval oredi..=P

 

At 6:57 am, Blogger Sherp

oi oi oi. wat's going on here?! :P
i hav ntg to do with this and im not getting involved - who's sherp?! not me. hahahhaa. err yea. awkwardness.

cough

ANYWAY. your cake looks pretty :P and its really nice of ur frens and teachers even tho ur lecturer actually spelt your name wrong. ah haih!

 

At 11:20 pm, Blogger LX

Hahhahaha.. sorry to create the awkwardness but I thought Pyroboy is actually a nice guy from his blog. Good stuffs we must grab fast, Sherp. Don't be like this old cousin of yours.. in uni at the age of 21 to find that all the good guys are all off shelf and taken.

Yay, Pyroboy is now my pseudo-cousin. Wakakakakakka..

 

At 11:32 pm, Blogger pyroboy1911

=.="

havent you heard of the saying Don't judge a blog by its layout? hehe...

 

At 2:08 am, Blogger LX

Hahaha. I shall not tease or hint or promote or matchmake anymore. :P

 


Post a Comment
ss_blog_claim=0bde7c2d70240c216e4c23732772f98d